The Skater - Joy Williams



There is a huge difference between being told that you must somewhere and you making the decision to go someplace. As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, I’ve lived a fortunate life in this regard.
Under the shelter of my parents, they were pretty liberal in allowing me to make my own decisions…and of course…allowing me to live with the repercussions.
It was my choosing to attend a university pretty far from home.
It was my choice to live in New Jersey after graduation.
It was my choice to move to Romania when I did and to return to America (with a wife) when I did.
And it is our choice to live the life we live under the circumstances we have created for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Way People Run – Christopher Tilghman

  When I was reading and writing here more frequently, I remember the feeling when the story delivered a surprise. I’m not talking about...