The Passage of Time - The Best American Short Stories 1990 - Completed


3 years 5 months and 10 days.

That’s how long I’ve carried this book around and struggled to write about the stories.

41 months and 10 days

or

179 weeks and 6 days

or

1259 days

That is a long-ass time to carry around a book.

Take a look at it.

Survived nicely I think.

When I started this book son #2 wasn’t even a thought.

Now…he’s a walking talking 2 ½ year old.

Incredible.

I wasn’t fair to this collection. I didn’t give it my heart.

The completion of this book also marks another point of evolution.

Shannon Ravenel passes the baton to a new series editor for BASS 1991.

I’m excited to see what the new series editor brings to the anthology.

Here’s the first entry on the BASS 1990 from September 2013. It has a copy of the letter Shannon wrote me. I’ll always hold that letter dear to my heart.

Off to 1991!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Way People Run – Christopher Tilghman

  When I was reading and writing here more frequently, I remember the feeling when the story delivered a surprise. I’m not talking about...