The Assembly – Mavis Gallant



The Assembly – Mavis Gallant

Mavis Gallant - August 11, 1922 -

So I touched briefly on Mavis in this post from The BASS 1980 – Here is the link to that post - if at all interested.

There has been so much written about what Gallant “captures” in her writing so I doubt that anything I say in the way of adding to that would mean much. I do think that she does a fine job of capturing a slice of the petty and self-centered-ness that exists in all of us though this little short story.

Personally, when I am involved in meetings where at times the meetings go off on tangents where individuals turn the focus to themselves. It’s a waste of time and serves no purpose in forwarding the agenda. Kinda like what happens in this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Way People Run – Christopher Tilghman

  When I was reading and writing here more frequently, I remember the feeling when the story delivered a surprise. I’m not talking about...